A "Farm to Table" block party as well as the potential public hearing dates for Birmingham's newest bistros are on the agenda for the Birmingham City Commission Monday night.
Commissioners will meet at 7:30 p.m. at City Hall. Stay tuned to Birmingham Patch all week to hear what happened, or watch the meeting live either on Public Access Channel 15 or at the city's website.
All items listed on the consent agenda are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and approved by a roll call vote. There will be no separate discussion of the items unless a commissioner or citizen so requests.
- Approving the Midwest Fiber Networks, LLC Telecommunications Right-of-Way METRO Act Safe Habor Application and the Safe Harbor Unilateral Permit.
- Approving the purchase of one new 2013 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 for a total cost of $21,577.
- Approving the purchase of one new John Deere Model 1445 Series II Utility Vehicle, snow broom and 60-mowing deck for a total of $32,845.23.
- Approving the agreement with Pro Pump Controls, Inc to rebuild the pumps and motors at the Lincoln Hills Golf Course for a total of $18,590.
- Amending the Tree Care and Removal Agreement with J.H. Hart Urban Forestry, a contract that will begin July 1, 2013 and end June 30, 2016.
- Approving the street light agreement between the city and DTE Energy regarding the installation of street lights at 116 S. Old Woodward Ave.
In addition, commissioners will consider setting public hearing dates for Feb. 11 to consider two of the three proposed bistro ideas for 2013: . Plans for all three passed the Planning Board in December. The city only approves two new bistros per year, per the city's bistro ordinance.
New on the agenda Monday night is a request from The Communit House to hold the Farm to Table Block Party on Merrill and Bates streets on Sept. 7.
In addition, the commission will consider creating an ad hoc South Woodward Corridor Master Plan Advisory Committee. This committee would provide recommendations to the city commission during the development of the South Woodward Corridor Master Plan through April 2014.
For more: To see the agenda in detail, visit the city's website.