It's Memorial Day, and while offices are closed and the barbecues are fired up, you still may need to get out and around Birmingham. Here's what you need to know about what's open and closed.
- City Hall: Parking tickets happen at all times of the year, including Memorial Day. However, , including the clerk's office, city manager's office and finance department, will be closed Monday.
- Post office: The at 1221 Bowers St. will not be open Memorial Day, nor will there be any mail delivery or pickup. The post office will reopen for normal business hours, 8:30 a.m.-6 p.m., Tuesday.
- Trash collection: Trash collection will not be affected by the holiday, and pickup will remain on schedule.
- Emergency: Call 911 for police or fire emergencies. For any non-emergency, call the at 248-530-1889 or the at 248-530-1900.
- Cemeteries: Looking to remember a loved one this Memorial Day? is open from 8 a.m. to sundown Monday, and is open from 8 a.m-4:30 p.m. Monday.
- Library: is closed Monday but reopens at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday.
- Gyms: Don't give your workout a holiday: the will be open from 5 a.m.-1 p.m. Monday, but all Monday classes are canceled.
- Movies: Take a family trip to the movies this Memorial Day! The and theaters are open Monday, with screenings beginning at 11 a.m. Now showing is What To Expect When You're Expecting, Men In Black 3, Battleship and Marvel's The Avengers.