Here's what you need to know about Birmingham this week.
- General election is Tuesday: Unless you've been living under a rock, you'll know the presidential election is Tuesday. To catch up with all the local candidates and statewide proposals on the ballot, make sure to check out Birmingham's 2012 General Election Guide.
- Make a 'bid for kids' through Friday: A group of local parents are hosting the walking auction, "Bids for Kids," in downtown Birmingham through Saturday, with all proceeds going back to Birmingham Public Schools. For more information, check out Birmingham Parents Urge Shoppers to Make 'Bids for Kids' During Walking Auction.
- Griffin Claw Brewery beer tasting and construction update: Excited for the opening of the Rail District's Griffin Claw Brewery? Check out the latest construction news and get a taste of what's to come at a special beer tasting Monday from 6-8 p.m. at the Big Rock Chop House. Reservations are required and the beer tasting costs $20.
- Joe Ehrmann to speak at Seaholm: Nationally-renowned NFL coach and now motivational speaker Joe Ehrmann will make a special appearance at Seaholm High School at 7 p.m. this Wednesday, making a keynote address to the Birmingham Schools community. Admission is free.
- 'Holiday House in Bloom' Thursday: The Community House kicks off the holiday season this week with "Holiday House in Bloom," a morning of holiday decorating ideas and demostrations from local experts. Beginning at 10 a.m., the event is $75 to attend and includes lunch.
Become a blogger today!
Get started now