Normally we do a countdown of activities to help you plan for your next weekend adventures, but with Christmas coming this week, we thought we'd try to help you plan for the holiday in and around Birmingham.
So far this week we've told you about:
This Christmas, you might like to spend more time relaxing and visiting with guests — not confined to the kitchen. So if cooking isn't on your menu, there are plenty of places in the area that will do the cooking for you.
- HoneyBaked Ham Company (Beverly Hills) — HoneyBaked's holiday ham dinner includes an 8 lb. ham and three sides for $74.99. The holiday turkey dinner includes a whole turkey, three sides and gravy for $64.99. The roast dinner includes any roast and two sides for $32.99. You can make your reservations online here and you must pick up your meal before the store closes at 6 p.m. Saturday.
- — the grocery store offers a choice of two holiday meals. The turkey holiday meal includes a 10-13 lb. turkey, mashed potatoes and stuffing. The ham holiday meal includes a 7-9 lb. ham, au gratin potatoes, sweet potatoe souffle, and green beans. Each meal sells for $49.99 and all orders must be picked up by 4 p.m. on Christmas Eve.
- (Bloomfield Hills) — Plum Market offers a traditional dinner package that includes half rack of prime rib rubbed in garlic and herbs, horseradish cream and au jus sauce, green beans almondine, brussel sprouts with roasted chestnuts and dried cherries, mashed potatoes, wild rice pilaf, and dinner rolls for $399. The grocer also offer a traditional side dish package including one pint of turkey or mushroom gravy, Italian sausage and chestnut herbed bread stuffing, brussel sprouts, agave glazed sweet potatoes and mashed potatoes for $99.95. Orders must be placed by Dec. 21.
- (Troy) — Besides offering a la carte salads, appetizers and side dishes, Whole Foods also offer traditional full dinners as well. The grocer, located on Maple Road, offers a traditional turkey dinner, made up of a 10-12 lb. turkey, cranberry relish, mashed potatoes, stuffing, homemade turkey gravy and green beans with shallots for $119.99. The classic ham dinner includes a spiral-cut baked him with pineapple mustard glaze, three pounds of mashed potatoes, green beans with shallots and corn pudding for $99.99. The store also offers organic traditional dinners for $159.99, deluxe dinners for $189.99 and Vegan holiday dinners for $14.99 per person. Orders must be placed by Dec. 22.
- — If you are having a small get together, Papa Joe's Gourmet to Go offers a half-pound turkey or prime rib dinner with two for $14.95. The specialty grocery also has a catering department that can customize a dinner for you. Make sure you get your orders in asap.