Birmingham Restaurant Week 2012 wrapped up its first week Friday, giving area chefs time to rest up and prepare for next week's final hurrah. The two-week event features 20 Birmingham restaurants, with chefs offering special $30 dinner and $15 lunch menus to entice diners during the lull between New Year's and Valentine's Day.
Here at Birmingham Patch, we've brought you our own three courses worth of coverage: the preview, ; the complete list of participating restaurants as well as their Restaurant Week menus, ; and our own sneak peak into what was offering, .
Metro Detroit media have also joined the Restaurant Week frenzy. Here's what's been written about Birmingham's 2012 festival of everything tasty and delectable:
- Restaurant Week's home base in 2012 is birminghamrestaurantweek.org, run by the .
- Birmingham, Ann Arbor running restaurant weeks — Detroit Free Press
- Days of fine dining — Birmingham Eccentric
- Birmingham Restaurant Week comes back for another taste — Birmingham Eagle
- Birmingham Restaurant Week starts Monday — Downtown Magazine
- Birmingham Restaurant Week offers affordable menus while helping those in need — WXYZ
- Birmingham Restaurant Week kicks off — Click on Detroit
- Birmingham Restaurant Week: Fleming's Prime Steakhouse — Fox 2 Detroit
- Birmingham Winter Restaurant Week — Metro Parent Magazine
- Annual dining event looks to draw crowds in downtown Birmingham — The Oakland Press
- Going 'ham for Restaurant Week — The Woodward Spine
- Birmingham Restaurant Week was also featured on the Feb. 2 webcast of the Social Insider.
Continue checking back with Patch all next week for continued coverage of Birmingham Restaurant Week 2012. Until then, we want to check out a few Restaurant Week favorites around town, so we're wondering: Where do you think we should go?
Leave us a comment telling us which Restaurant Week eatery is your favorite, and which spot we should highlight with next week's Best Thing We Ate. We're already hungry!