Only one man can fill the position, but it will likely take more than just one person to replace Al Fracassa as head coach of Brother Rice High School Warriors.
That starts with the select panel of five school officials and/or alumni who will run the search committee to find the school's first head football coach since 1969. The school announced the members Tuesday:
- Bob Barnes: Physics teacher and Band of Brothers Dean of Students
- Lou Bitonti: member of the Board of Directors, Director of Football Operations, former coach and father of an Alumnus
- Regis Cavender: Brother Rice Athletic Director and father of an Alumnus.
- Dr. Jim Fontanesi ’74: current Junior Varsity Head Coach, Alumnus, former player and father of an Alumnus.
- Ed Schwartz ‘87: former Chairman of the Board of Directors, Alumnus, and father of a current student.
He will keep his office on campus as Head Football Coach Emeritus, and will be consulted during the selection process, Cavender said.
“We will collect all applications for review from now until December 20th. At that point we’ll bring in selected candidates for interviews,” he stated in a release. The committee will make recommendations to Principal Br. Michael Segvich, CFC and School President John Birney, who are expected to make a decision by the end of January.
Who do you think should be the next head football coach at Brother Rice High School? Tell us with a comment.