The time has finally come: the first day of school for the students from is tomorrow. And, just as you've been registering and buying all those highlighters and notebooks, Patch has been getting ready for school with a month of stories, tips, discussions and more.
So before the first bell rings tomorrow, make sure to review what you need to know, as well as the stories you may have missed along the way.
- 8:55 a.m.-3:50 p.m.
- Half day: 8:55 a.m.-12:05 p.m.
- Morning kindergarten: 8:55 a.m.-noon (Half day: 8:55 a.m.-12:05 p.m.)
- Afternoon kindergarten: 12:40-3:50 p.m.
BIRMINGHAM COVINGTON SCHOOL
- 8:20 a.m.-4:05 p.m.
- Half day: 8:20 a.m.-11:20 a.m.
- 8:15 a.m.-3:08 p.m.
- Half Day: 8:15-11:20 a.m.
- 7:30 a.m.-2:45 p.m.
- Half Day: 7:30-10:50 a.m.
- X-Block: 8:20 a.m.-2:45 p.m.
- MME day: 10:30 a.m.-2:45 p.m.
Is your child prepared?
At the beginning of each school year, parents and guardians must submit either a certificate showing that their child has received required immunizations, or they must submit a waiver form. Birmingham schools also require several forms to be filled out prior to the beginning of the year. Do you have it all done?
- Immunization Waiver Form: For those parents who decide not to immunize their children.
- Medical Contraindication Form: For those parents who have children who are not immunized due to health reasons.
- Permission to Administer Medication
- Free and Reduced Price Lunch Application
- Technology Acceptable Use Policy
- Preparticipation Physical Evaluation: For middle and high school students only
Dates to know this month
- Sept. 19: curriculum night
- Sept. 20: curriculum night
Tips and tricks
Meet your new principal
Birmingham has five new principals this year and we're talking to all of them. Stay tuned for the last story in this five-part series—our discussion with Laura Tinsley, the new director of the —tomorrow.
Need to get in touch with your child's school or a district administrator? Here are the phone numbers you need to know.
- : 248-203-5800
- : 248-203-3150
- : 248-203-3350
- : 248-203-3210
- : 248-203-3265
- : 248-203-3888
- : 248-203-4325
- : 248-203-3425
- : 248-851-2667
- : 248-203-4444
- : 248-203-4700
- : 248-203-5000
- : 248-203-3500
- : 248-203-3700
- : 248-539-8413
- Central Administrative Building: 248-203-3000
- Superintendent's Office: 248-203-3004
- Deputy Superintendent's Office: 248-203-3010
- Community Relations: 248-203-3025
- Community Education: 248-203-3800
- Special Education: 248-203-3014
- Instruction/Curriculum: 248-203-3011
- ESL/Bilingual Department: 248-203-4230
For more Back to School coverage, check out Birmingham Patch's .