Students at Birmingham Public Schools’ Greenfield Elementary School had surprise visits from their loved ones during Greenfield’s “Relatives Day” last Friday. Students spent the afternoon reading with the special people in their lives.
The opportunities for parental involvement district wide continue this week.
Cyber Safety with the Experts
- When: 7 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 8
- Where: Beverly Elementary School - Media Center; 18305 Beverly Road
- What: Parents are encouraged to learn what their children may already know about the Internet and what vigilant parents need to look out for when it comes to cybersafety. with Matthew Roth and Doug Salzenstein from the U.S. Attorney General's Office General Crimes Unit will present information for parents of all ages of students, followed by a question and answer session.
- When: 9 a.m. to noon, Saturday, Oct. 12
- Where: Berkshire Middle School—southeast end of the school campus 21707 W. 14 Mile Road.
- What: Volunteers are needed to help add wood chips to the trails at the Berkshire Environmental Study Area and clean up the Community Garden at Berkshire to prepare for winter. The Berkshire Proud Dad’s Club will supply snacks and lunch.