Check out the latest reports from the Birmingham Police Department:
Drunk drivers arrested on Adams, Maple last weekend
Birmingham police arrested three drunk drivers around town this week, including:
- A 26-year-old man from Rochester Hills, who was pulled over for driving erratically near Adams and Webster around 2:30 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 26.
- A 27-year-old woman from Troy, who was pulled over erratic driving near Buckingham and Adams around 2:30 a.m. Sunday, Jan. 27.
- A 31-year-old man from Madison Heights, who was pulled over for speeding near Maple and Eton around 2 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 24.
Flint man tries to steal package from front porch, police say
You might want to watch out for the packages sitting on your front porch. A 43-year-old man from Flint was arrested last Friday, charged with trying to steal a package from a home on the 900 block of Oak. The package contained a purse, police say, that cost $150. The man was arrested soon after the incident for larceny and arraigned at 48th District Court.
Diamond rings, place settings and gold bracelet go missing from home on Frank
Police believe private contractors working in a home on the 600 block of Frank Street may be involved in the theft of two diamonds rings, five sterling place settings and a gold bracelet. According to police reports, the homeowner noticed the items were missing on Wednesday, Jan. 23. Private contractors had been working in the home, they told police, since late November.
Woman caught trying to take books, candy bar and Hallmark cards from Kroger
A Waterford woman was arrested last Wednesday, charged with trying to steal several items from Kroger. According to police reports, the 49-year-old was detained by store employees around 4 p.m. last Wednesday after she was found trying to steal seven books, two Hallmark cards and a candy bar.
Laptop, power tools stolen from vehicles on Woodward and Chapin
Several items were taken from Birmingham cars during the past few weeks, police say, including:
- A band saw, a sawzall, a hammer drill, jack hammer and other tools from a van parked on the 34200 block of Woodward around 1 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 23
- A laptop and GPS from a car parked on the 700 block of Chapin around 5 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 24.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents can call the Birmingham Police Department at 248-530-1889. If you have any questions about this report, email Laura.Houser@Patch.com.