Highlights from Royal Oak Police Departmentreports from the past week:
Credit cards, computers, checkbook, iPod and more taken from unlocked cars
- Total Soccer, 1319 Lexington, Oct. 21: A woman reported someone entered her unlocked vehicle and stole several credit cards.
- 1700 block of N. Pleasant, Oct. 19: A woman reported someone stole a laptop computer from her unlocked vehicle.
- 2400 block of Dallas, Oct. 22: A woman reported someone entered her unlocked vehicle and stole a flashlight.
- 400 block of Catalpa, Oct. 22: A man reported someone entered his unlocked vehicle and stole sunglasses, a jacket, cologne and an undisclosed amount of currency.
- 2000 block of Guthrie, Oct. 22: A man reported someone entered his unlocked vehicle and stole a checkbook.
- 2400 block of Yale, Oct. 22: A woman reported someone entered her unlocked vehicle and stole a portable GPS unit and an iPod.
- 2000 block of Guthrie, Oct. 22: A man reported someone entered both of his unlocked vehicles. The suspect stole a portable GPS unit, sunglasses, digital camera and a computer.
Wallet taken from locked car
- 800 block of Catalpa, Oct. 22: A man reported someone smashed the passenger window of his vehicle and stole his wallet.
- 1700 block of Linwood, Oct. 18: A man reported someone entered the home through an unlocked rear door and stole jewelry.
- 1300 block of Bauman, Oct. 20: A man reported someone stole tools and a power washer from his detached garage and unlocked vehicle. The theft occurred between Oct. 15 and 18.
- 1200 block of E. Lincoln, Oct. 20: A person reported someone entered the home through the rear door wall and stole several power tools.
Breaking and entering
- Fast Wireless, 31668 Woodward Avenue, Oct. 23: Royal Oak officers responded to a commercial breaking and entering alarm. Upon arrival, the officers discovered the front door smashed and entry to the business was gained. In store video showed two suspects entered the store. It does not appear as if anything was stolen. The first suspect is described as a male in his 20s, wearing a gray hoodie, white T-shirt, blue jeans, white ball cap and gloves. The second suspect appeared to be a male in his 20s, wearing a blue hoodie, blue jeans, blue hat, gloves and carrying a blue and white plaid bag.
- Royal Oak Library, 222 E. 11 Mile, Oct. 20: A man reported someone stole his wallet.
- bd's Mongolian Barbecue, 430 S. Main, Oct. 19: A man reported someone stole his Galaxy S-II cell phone.
- 200 block of Aqua Court, Oct. 19: A man reported someone stole a miter saw and cordless drill from his back porch.
- 200 block of Willis, Oct. 24: A man reported someone stole his custom Waterford 20-speed bicycle.
- National Shrine of the Little Flower, 2100 W. 12 Mile, Oct. 21: A person reported someone stole currency from one of the stands during a bake sale.
- 100 block of E. Third, Oct. 25: A man reported he gave the keys to his vehicle to a female he had just met, and allowed her to go outside and sit in his vehicle. The female drove away in the vehicle and never returned. The vehicle is described as a black 2000 Pontiac Bonneville. The suspect is described as a 23-year-old female, 5-feet 7-inches, approximately 120 pounds with brown hair.
Malicious damage to property
- 2900 block of W. 13 Mile, Oct. 21: A woman reported someone ripped the antenna from her vehicle.
- 2900 block of W. 13 Mile, Oct. 19: A woman reported someone ripped the antenna from her vehicle.
- Walgreens, 30852 Woodward Avenue, Oct. 19: A woman reported her ex-husband followed her to the store and keyed her vehicle.
- 4600 block of Coolidge, Oct. 22: A woman reported someone smashed the rear window of her vehicle.
- McDonalds, 30807 Woodward Avenue, Oct. 22: A woman reported someone approached her vehicle and began yelling at her for entering the lot through the wrong driveway. The people followed her into the restaurant and then back outside again. She got into her vehicle and the suspect keyed her car.
- 31000 block of Coolidge, Oct. 22: A woman reported someone slashed two tires on her vehicle. The woman also reported finding a note saying, “Say no to Mitt Romney.”
- 4000 block of W. 13 Mile, Oct. 23: A man reported someone slashed the two front tires on his vehicle.
- 2900 block of N. Main, Oct. 25: A man reported an acquaintance came to his home and a verbal argument ensued. The acquaintance got into his vehicle and pulled forward in an attempt to strike the man. The suspect then fled the area.
If you have any information on any of these incidents, call Royal Oak Police at (248) 246-3500.
If you have any questions about this report, email Judy.Davids@Patch.com.