Imagine, if you had to walk for six hours just to get a couple gallons of water, and had to do it again the next day. We take for granted all the clean water we use each day to drink, bathe, and wash our clothes, dishes, and cars.
On average, the Pokot women in Africa carry 40 pounds of dirty water for six hours each day to bring the water back to their village so their families can drink it and live. Without the dirty water, they die in a few days. With the dirty water, they die years later of various diseases.
I have been moved beyond words, and into action. I’d love for you to join me. As a community, we can make a difference and provide CLEAN water to the residents.
I am part of Kensington Community Church and attend the Birmingham Campus. As a church, we are raising funds to install clean water wells for residents of the Pokot Tribe in the Republic of Kenya, Africa.
- It costs $21,000 per well, which provides clean water for 400 people for about 20 years.
- This breaks down to a cost of $52.50 per person for a community of 400 to enjoy water from one well.
- After just one week, $130,000 has been already been raised for this cause through Kensington Church, and the process of digging wells has begun.
- Every dollar raised for this project goes directly to drilling water wells.
I hope you will join me in this life giving cause, so we can help more people have access to clean water.
- There are 1 million people in need of clean water in Kenya.
- Kensington church has been partnering with the leaders in Kenya for 9 years.
- Providing water to 1 million people may seem insurmountable, but if everyone helps a little, it makes a difference collectively as well as individually.
- Remember the starfish analogy? It makes a difference to THAT one!
For more information about this challenge, including a powerful 10 minute video showing you the water walk with the Pokot Tribe, click here.
Any dollar amount you feel led to donate is very helpful, and appreciated.
- Did you know that people in third world countries live on $2 a day or less?
- You can make a difference with every dollar you share for this project.
- Did you know that even an unemployed American on government assistance, has a higher standard of living than 75 percent of the world?
- Click here to see where you rank among the world’s richest people.
It is exciting for me to be able to partner with friends, family members, my business community, my church community, and my local and “virtual” community to truly make a difference to others and give the gift of life through water.
My personal goal is to contribute $1,000 from my household and to raise $1,000 through my network over the next 30 days for this water project.
If you wish to join me in this cause:
- Make your checks payable to Kensington Church. Your gift is tax deductible.
- Write water on the memo line.
- Mail your checks to: Lori Williams, P.O. Box 1552, Birmingham, MI 48012-1552.
- Kensington will provide you with a tax deductible receipt within 90 days of receiving your check, and I will provide you with a thank you note and an update on the progress of our goal.
I’d love to hear from you through your comments below. Let me know if you plan to donate, share this idea with others, or otherwise assist in this cause. You can also send me your personal comments at: firstname.lastname@example.org.