Are you ready for Halloween? There's one more weekend before Halloween, and there's still plenty happening in and around Birmingham. So, if you haven't pulled out your favorite costume yet, get ready for these spooky events:
Friday, Oct. 26
Halloween at the Y
- When: 5-7 p.m.
- Where: Birmingham Family YMCA
- Why Go: Birmingham Family YMCA is throwing a Halloween bash this Friday. The free event includes games, crafts, candy, Halloween stories, a bounce house and more.
Halloween Family Fridays
- When: 5-8 p.m.
- Where: Robot Garage
- Why Go: See Robot Garage students' large-scale Halloween build, check out the incredible LEGO Haunted House, and build your own Halloween creations. Ned's TravelBurger will be onsite selling their delicious burgers, fries, and Faygo.
Saturday, Oct. 27
- When: 1 p.m.
- Where: Greenwood Cemetery
- Why Go: Get spooked out with a taste of some local history during the annual Greenwood Cemetery Tour. Sponsored by the Friends of the Birmingham Historical Museum and Park, the tour takes a look at Birmingham's earliest stories, from early movers-and-shakers to tales of war.
Sunday, Oct. 28
Ghoul's Friend's Tea
- When: Noon-2 p.m.
- Where: Townsend Hotel
- Why Go: Held in the tea lobby of the Townsend Hotel, this annual Halloween party and costume contest is fun for the whole family. Enjoy plenty of tricks and treats, games and more.
- When: 4:30- 7 p.m.
- Where: Ascension of Christ Lutheran Church (16935 W 14 Mile Rd. in Beverly Hills)
- Why Go: Bring the kids out for some trick-or-treating at the Ascension of Christ Lutheran Church in Beverly Hills. Everyone is invited to dress up in costume, and there will be cider, candy, chili, hot dogs, cookies and plenty of prizes.
Phantom of the Opera film and concert
- When: 6-8 p.m.
- Where: St. James Episcopal Church
- Why Go: Love Phantom of the Opera? St. James Episcopal Church in downtown Birmingham has the perfect night for you. St. James will be showing the 1924 silent film Phantom of the Opera, starring Lon Chaney. However, hear the organ music in person as the film is accompanied by organist Glenn Burdette.
Tuesday, Oct. 30
John Carpenter's Halloween
- When: 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Palladium 12
- Why Go: John Carpenter’s iconic horror movie Halloween returns to the Palladium 12 Theatre. This masterpiece horror film graces the big screen along with an exclusive 10 minute sort film, You Can’t Kill The Bogeyman: 35 Years of Halloween, written by Fangoria's Justin Beahm.
Do you know of any Halloween events in the Birmingham area we haven't listed? Make sure you add them to our Events Calendar.