The Patch Local Voices section can be a powerful tool for yourself, your group or your business. It's the perfect place to promote a big event coming up, voice your opinion on something you are passionate about or share tips from your career field.
Each Sunday we will feature some of Patch's most interesting Local Voices writers, show you who is posting on Patch and how you can get started.
Jesus on Marriage
Dale Murrish blogs about history, travel, technology, religion and politics. His latest two blogs about the bible and what it says about marriage have garnered a lot of attention.
Having recently started a word-by-word translation of Martin Luther’s Bible from German to English, Murrish posted Instructions for Marriage from the Creator, which generated more than 130 comments.
In it he posts,"Since there is confusion about what the Bible teaches about marriage, I’m posting my translation of Chapter 19, where Jesus, the Son of God, who was with the Holy Spirit and the Father in the beginning, gives positive instructions for marriage."
He followed that post up last week by sharing Jesus on Marriage - Original Intent.
Raised in the United Methodist Church, Murrish helped plant Troy’s Kensington Community Church in 1990. He was ordained an Orthodox Presbyterian Church deacon in 2001 after a year’s training in the Westminster Catechism and church history. Now a member of a large evangelical church, he has an appreciation for all branches of the historic Christian faith (Catholic, Orthodox, and Protestant) and other faiths which share many of the same principles. He supports freedom of religion and defends the open forum for all beliefs that America has long enjoyed.
Murrish is a Troy resident since 1988 and works in the GMPT Cranktrain Analysis department analyzing piston pins and crankshafts.
You can follow his blog on Patch.
Who else is posting on Patch?
- In the open Shelby-Utica sports blog, Patti shared Eisenhower Junior identified by The United States Olympic Committee as Emerging Athlete.
- St. Clair Shores Mike & Jill Wrubel shared Time to FALL into Scuba Diving in their blog Underwater World of Adventure.
- Pathway to Self-Sustainability posted about Learn how to end poverty in Oakland County at Oct. 15 Pathway to Self-Sustainability meeting.
- The Better Business Bureau shared Foreign Currency Scam is a Bad Investment.
- Click the "Start Blogging" button on your Patch homepage.
- Start writing the description of your blog It doesn’t have to be perfect. (Just don’t use all caps!)
- Upload a photo to illustrate your blog that you own or have permission to use. You can also just use a Patch logo offered on the page.
- Hit “Create your blog”
- Write your first post
- Share something and it will appear on the home page.
- Dress up your blog.
- Add cover photos.
- Tell your followers on Twitter
- Find your blog in the "Your Blogs" menu next to your Profile
Questions? Contact Patch Community Editor Jason Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org or 810-488-1353.