It’s Thursday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do this weekend. Birmingham Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work-outta-here time.
Music: Daniel Cho in 'Musical Odyssey'
- When: 4 p.m. Sunday
- Where: St. James Episcopal Church
- Cost: Donations encouraged
- Why Go: This weekend, come out to see the amazing Daniel Cho, an 11-year-old violinist, pianist and composer perform with his mother, Seung Cho. Daniel is also the winner of the Music Teachers' National Association national competition. All donations accepted during the concert will be donated to Hurricane Sandy relief efforts.
Charity: Dancing With the Stars
- When: 7 p.m. Saturday
- Where: The Townsend Hotel
- Cost: $200
- Why Go: The South Oakland Shelter will be throwing its fourth annual Dancing With the Stars fundraiser this weekend at the Townsend Hotel. All proceeds will benefit the homeless men, women and children who receive care and assistance each year at the South Oakland Shelter. The evening includes music, a silent auction, strolling dinner and cockatils. Plus, a dozen Metro Detroit celebrities will take to the dance floor with professional dancers to compete in a special celebrity dance competition.
Charity: Turkey Shoot-Out
- When: 11 a.m. Saturday
- Where: Springdale Golf Course
- Cost: $25
- Why Go: Golfers can help those in need this holiday season by attending Birmingham's first annual charity turkey shoot-out. The event includes a 18 holes of golf, lunch and prizes. Those who donate a frozen turkey will receive $10 off the entry fee while those who bring at least two non-perishable food items will receive $5 off the entry fee. All donations will benefit Birmingham Area Senior Center's Meals on Wheels program.
Kids: Date Night at the YMCA
- When: 5-9 p.m. Friday
- Where: Birmingham Family YMCA
- Cost: $5-$15
- Why Go: Enjoy a night out without the kids this Friday by leaving your kids at the Birmingham Family YMCA. Kids will enjoy various activities including arts and crafts, gym games, snacks and more. The fee for kids three months to 3 years-old is $5 for YMCA members and $10 for non-members. The fee for kids ages 4 through 10 is $10 for members and $15 for non-members.
Holidays: Holiday Market
- When: 8 a.m.-Noon Sunday
- Where: Lutheran Church of the Redeemer
- Cost: Free
- Why Go: Get a head start on your holiday shopping, all the while enjoying the convenience of "coffee hour" shopping. A portion of all proceeds are donated to the Redeemer.