It's Thursday, and if you're not a big NCAA basketball fan, you might just be wondering what to do with yourself this weekend? Hopefully this will help.
Famed Bassist Robert Hurst Leads Jazz Ensemble at Hagopian
- When: 7:30 p.m. Friday
- Where: Hagopian
- Cost: $10-$22
- Why Go: Detroit Chamber Winds and Strings presents jazz bassist Robert Hurst. Fresh off his 2013 Grammy wins, Hurst — who's played with music giants Wynton Marsalis and Sir Paul McCartney, will be joined by a jazz ensemble for a full evening of jazz. All tickets are $5 more at the door. Buy tickets at www.detroitchamberwinds.org.
The Bloomfield Hills Jewelry & Vintage Apparel Show
- When: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Where: Birmingham Unitarian Church, 38651 Woodward Ave, Bloomfield Hills
- Cost: $5; 12 and under free
- Why Go: Enjoy finding those 'hidden treasures' at estate sales and garage sales? This sale is for you. Everyone from all age groups is welcome!!
- When: 12:30 p.m. Saturday; 2:30 p.m. Sunday
- Where: Cranbrook Institute of Science
- Cost: $5
- Why Go: Take a behind-the-scenes tour with a bat expert at the Bat Zone and experience bats in flight, flying squirrels, owls, a two-toed sloth and see the largest species of bat in the world.
Charlie LeDuff presents: 'Detroit: An American Autopsy'
- When: 2 p.m. Saturday
- Where: Baldwin Public Library
- Cost: Free
- Why Go: The one and only Charlie LeDuff, author, filmmaker and on-air reporter for Fox 2 News in Detroit, will visit Birmingham this weekend to talk about his latest book, Detroit: An American Autopsy.
Gryphon Trio Comes to Seligman Performing Arts Center Saturday
- When: 8 p.m. Saturday
- Where: Seligman Performing Arts Center (22305 W. 13 Mile Rd., Beverly Hills)
- Cost: $30-$60
- Why Go: The Chamber Music Society of Detroit presents the Gryphon Trio, a Toronto-based piano trio, as part of its Signature Chamber Series. The concert will be at the Seligman Performing Arts Center at Detroit Country Day. Purchase your tickets ahead of time at www.chambermusicdetroit.org.
What else is happening around Birmingham this weekend? Let us know in the comments below, then add it to our Events Calendar!