Your voice. Your community.
The Patch Local Voices section can be a powerful tool for yourself, your group or your business. It's the perfect place to promote a big event coming up, voice your opinion on something you are passionate about or share tips from your career field.
Each Sunday we will feature some of Patch's most interesting Local Voices writers, show you who is posting on Patch and how you can get started.
Pure Michigan Beer
With the craft beer craze continuing to sweep the state of Michigan and summer approaching, Pure Michigan and Founders Brewing Co. have teamed up to give fans and craft beer enthusiasts a chance to pick a Founders beer style that best represents Pure Michigan.
The public voted on the winner from three nominees. Voting ended Friday.
“Michigan has a thriving craft beer industry that is building on our tourism efforts by offering visitors unique flavors and memorable experiences,” said George Zimmermann, Vice President of Travel Michigan, part of the Michigan Economic Development Corporation.
Rochester Adams Gay Straight Alliance
High School student Josh Lee posted about Rochester Adams' Gay Straight Alliance and their first multi-day fundraiser to promote “Breaking the Silence” in terms of Anti- LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgendered) bullying.
Lee posted, "Rochester Adams High School goes where the city of Rochester Hills will not. I, along with a large community of citizens, have been working tirelessly to ensure the passage of a Human Rights Ordinance in the City of Rochester Hills."
Who else is posting on Patch?
- Wendy, the Early Childhood Specialist, at Rochester Hills Public Library, posted about Early Literacy and Infant Brain Development.
- The Oakland Youth Orchestra wrote about the Oakland Youth Orchestras Final Concert of the 2012-2013 Season.
- The Royal Oak Historical Society wrote about A Week at The Royal Oak Historical Society Museum.
- Clawson Mayor Penny Luebs posted about Bike to School Day May 8th.
How can I post on Patch?
Blogging in our Local Voices Section is easy:
- Sign in to our site with your email (or sign up by clicking join on the top right of our home page, if you don't have an account)
- Fill out your profile by filling out a bio of yourself (or group/business) and upload a picture of yourself (or group/business) by clicking your name in the upper right side of the home page.
- Click the Patch town you would like to post in: Huntington Woods/Berkley, Rochester/Rochester Hills, Troy, Bloomfield/Bloomfield Hills, Fenton, Birmingham, Ferndale, Royal Oak or Clawson and click "Post on Patch."
- Start writing!
- Upload a photo to make your post stand out by clicking "Add photos, videos & PDF's" on the upper left side of the page.
- Hit submit!
Contact Patch Community Editor Jason Alexander at email@example.com or 810-488-1353.