Are you not in the mood to cook this Thanksgiving? Have a last-minute change of plans left you without plans for a big dinner?
Instead of worrying, just let someone else do the cooking for you this Thursday. The Townsend Hotel has announced that the hotel's Rugby Grille will be preparing Thanksgiving dinner this holiday — perfect for those looking for a special night out without the fuss.
From noon-9 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day, the Rugby Grille will be serving a special four-course prix fixe menu. Seating is limited and based on availability and party size. For reservations, call 248-642-5999.
During the meal, diners will be able to choose from a selection of first, second and dessert course selections to accompany an entree. The 2012 Thanksgiving menu will be:
- Seared Maine diver scallops and apple and country bacon risotto
- Maryland lump crab salad as well as english cucumber and hass avocado in cilantro oil
- Roasted butternut squash soup and smoked duck breast and maple creme fraiche
- Heirloom beet salad with warm goat cheese, candied walnuts and petite organic lettuce
- Pan-seared Norwegian salmon with marrow bean cassoulet in a pinot noir sauce ($75)
- Traditional roast turkey with chestnut and brioche stuffing, with a cranberry compote, potatoe puree and fresh vegetables ($70)
- Apple wood smoked prime rib of beef with chasseur sauce, a twice-baked potatoe and asparagus ($80)
- Warm chocolate cake with white chocolate truffle center, with a cherry compote and white chocolate ice cream
- Pumpkin cheese cake with Oreo crush and poached pear
- Apple cobbler with caramel and cinnamon gelato
Also at the Townsend Hotel this Thanksgiving, make sure to check out the Holiday Tea Party, offered every day this ween from noon-2 p.m., the annual Thanksgiving Eve Bash on Wednesday, as well as a variety of Thanksgiving-themed baked goods from the Townsend Hotel Bakery.