It’s Thursday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do this weekend. Birmingham Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work-outta-here time.
Theater: 'Fiddler on the Roof'
- When: 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday
- Where: Seaholm High School
- Cost: $10-$12
- Why Go: Seaholm High School opens its spring musical this weekend: Fiddler on the Roof. Tickets are available in the Seaholm attendance office. Any unsold tickets will be available at the door before each performance starting at 6:45 p.m.
Theater: 'Little Shop of Horrors'
- When: 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday
- Where: Village Players Theater
- Cost: $19
- Why Go: Inspired by the science fiction tale first brought to life by Roger Corman, the Birmingham Village Players are bringing one of the most popular musicals to the Birmingham stage this weekend: Little Shop of Horrors. As one of the longest-running off-Broadway shows of all time, Little Shop of Horrors stars a carnivorous, man-eating plant nurtured by the timid florist, Seymour Krelborn.
Theater: 'Seussical Jr!'
- When: 10:30 a.m., 1 p.m. Saturday; 2 p.m., 5 p.m. Sunday
- Where: The Community House
- Cost: $10-$30
- Why Go: Starring young actors from Birmingham and West Bloomfield, Seussical Jr! follows the Cat in the Hat as he tells the story of the elephant Horton. Based on several works by the popular children's author Dr. Seuss — and timed to open on Seuss's birthday on Saturday — the play is directed by Joey Albright and is part of The Community House's Sara Smith Productions Youth Theatre.
Food: Soul Food Cooking Class
- When: 4-6 p.m. Sunday
- Where: Spice and Tea Exchange
- Cost: $30
- Why Go: Love to cook? Culinary Kisses will be stopping by Birmingham's Spice and Tea Exchange this weekend and on the menu is vegan soul food. In this two-hour class, you'll learn to make collard greens, macaroni n' cheese, black-eyed peas, jalapeno cornbread muffins and sweet potato pie. All items are dairy free, gluten free and made with non-GMO ingredients. To RSVP, visit www.CulinaryKisses.com.
Arts: Art Fair Fever
- When: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday
- Where: Yellow Door Art Market (3141 12 Mile Rd., in Berkley)
- Cost: Free
- Why Go: The art fair season is still months away, but the Yellow Door Art Market is getting a head start with an open house Saturday. During the event, you'll be able to meet your favorite artist or receive 15 percent off various art pieces. Yellow Door will also be collecting art supplies for Arts & Scraps, a local nonprofit that provides recycled materials to area art programs. Those who donate will receive a cute clip magnet.
What else is going on this weekend? Let everyone know in the comments below!