- City Commission to meet Monday: The Birmingham City Commission will meet at 7:30 p.m. Monday at . On the agenda are several purchase agreements as well as a report on alcohol at city golf courses. For the complete agenda, visit .
- School board meets Tuesday: The Birmingham Board of Education will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the on West Merrill Street. The board will hear an update on the 2012-13 budget Tuesday night, as well as the latest enrollment figures. For the complete agenda, visit .
- : Kicking off the Michigan Transportation Odyssey project, in which participants attempt to travel from Detroit to Traverse City using only public transportation, the Michigan Environmental Council and Metromode will host a panel of speakers Wednesday at . A panel of experts, including Birmingham Mayor Mark Nickita, will discuss the future of a Regional Transit Authority and Michigan's prospects for economic growth and prosperity. Cocktails begin at 5:30 p.m. while the panel discussion begins at 6:45 p.m. An afterglow party will be held at the afterwards.
- : The Birmingham Youth Action Board (YAB) will host a special presentation for parents at 8:30 a.m. Thursday at the . YAB teens have chosen to feature a live court session with Judge Diane D'Agostini from 48th District Court and an area young person to share his story — both will demonstrate the real-life consequences that come with impulsive decisions teens make to use alcohol and drugs.
- : Registration for spring classes at the (BBAC) begin Monday. View the class schedule by visiting the BBAC website. To register, call 248-644-0866 or visit www.BBArtCenter.org.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something