Here's what you need to know about Birmingham this week.
- City Commission to meet Monday: The Birmingham City Commission meets for the second time in two weeks Monday, meeting at 7:30 p.m. at City Hall. On the agenda: Baldwin Public Library's renovation plans and final approval for the new restaurant, The Stand. For more, check out .
- School Board meets Tuesday: In the same vein as the City Commission, the Birmingham Board of Education will meet again this week, at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the district's administrative offices.
- MME testing begins Tuesday: Birmingham's 11th graders will begin taking their Michigan Merit Exam (MME) this Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Due to testing, there is no school for all freshmen, sophomores and seniors on Tuesday and a late-start day for those students on Wednesday and Thursday.
- Navigating the world of teenage girls: Got a teenage girl? A Birmingham-area psychotherapist is hosting "Surviving Then Flourishing: Navigating Your Daughter’s Teenage Years" at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Baldwin Public Library, the first in a series on parenting teenagers hosted by Birmingham's Building Better Families through Action (BBFA).
- Warmer temperatures, chance of snow Tuesday: Temperatures will hover in the mid- to upper-30's this week, even climbing into the low 40's by Thursday, the National Weather Service says. However, there is a 20 percent chance of snow on Tuesday and rain in the forecast for Saturday.
Become a blogger today!
Get started now