- Long-range planning meeting Saturday: Birmingham looks ahead to 2013 and the years ahead on Saturday during its annual long-range planning session. The meeting begins at 9 a.m. at City Hall and will feature reports from the various city departments.
- Planning Board meeting Wednesday: The re-zoning of 404 Park Street from residential to a multi-family lot returns to the Planning Board Wednesday night. The meeting starts at 7:30 p.m. at City Hall.
- Transition to Kindergarten meeting Thursday: If you have a little one entering kindergarten at Birmingham Public Schools in the fall, you won't want to miss Transition to Kindergarten, taking place from 7-8:30 p.m. Thursday at Pierce Elementary. For more, visit Get Your Questions Answered Next Week During Transition to Kindergarten Meeting.
- Methodists and homosexuality seminar Wednesday: The First United Methodist Church tackles the issue of homosexuality and the church Wednesday in a special two-part seminar, "Methodists Believe What? A Conversation About the United Methodist Church and Homosexuality," taking place at the church at 7:30 p.m.
- Family & Friends CPR Wednesday: Learn the basics of CPR during this two-hour class at the Adams Street Fire Station. The class is free and begins at 7 p.m.