- City Commission to meet Monday: The Birmingham City Commission will meet for a regularly scheduled meeting at 7:30 p.m. Monday at City Hall. At the beginning of the meeting, commissioners will elect a new mayor and mayor pro tem for the term ending in November 2013.
- Planning Board to meet Wednesday: The Birmingham Planning Board will meet at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at City Hall. On the agenda is the special land use permit and final site plan reviews for the Stoney River Steakhouse, which will move into the space currently occupied by Max & Erma's.
- Sandy Baruah to speak Wednesday: The Community House will host Sandy Baruah, president and CEO of the Detroit Regional Chamber, at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, when he'll speak on "How Our Community is Moving Forward." There is no charge to attend though RSVP's are appreciated at 248-644-5832.
- 2012 Holiday Shop opens: The Holiday Shop at the First Baptist Church in downtown Birmingham opens for the 2012 season is currently open. The majority of the gifts are created from artisans all over the world, with the profits going back toward organizations they help craftspeople, particularly in third world countries. The shop is open everyday from 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- ELEMENT open house to support Eton Academy: Birmingham's newest PR firms, ELEMENT, will host an open house from 4-7:30 p.m. Thursday at David Wachler & Sons Jewelry. There will be tours, complimentarys drinks and hors d'oeuvres as well as several fundraisers for the Birmingham-based Eton Academy.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something