- City Commission to meet Monday: The Birmingham City Commission will meet for a regular meeting at 7:30 p.m. Monday at City Hall. On the agenda is the Woodward Gran Fondo bike race and reccommended changes at Greenwood Cemetery.
- School Board to meet Tuesday: The Birmingham Board of Education will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the district's administrative offices. On the agenda is a report from the district's achievement gap committee.
- Birmingham Republican Women's Club Holiday Party Wednesday: The Birmingham Republican Women's Club will meet their for their annual holiday party from 6:30-9:30 p.m. Wednesday at the The Village Club at 190 E. Long Lake Rd. in Bloomfield Hills. Dave Dulio, chair of the political science department at Oakland University, will speak while stand-up comedien Connie Ettinger will perform.
- Author Michael Hodges to speak Wednesday: Michael Hodges, author of Michigan's Historic Railroad Stations, will speak at Baldwin Public Library at 7 p.m. Wednesday. Hodges' latest book takes a look at the glory days of Michigan's railroads as well some of its most iconic railroad stations.
- Friday the last day for yard waste collection: Wednesday is the last day for yard waste collection for Birmingham residents. Collection of yard waste will not resume until April 2013. Until then, residents can drop off their yard waste at the SOCCRA center on Coolidge Highway in Troy.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something