If you were thinking of going to see The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey at Birmingham's Palladium 12 on Thursday night, think again.
The Birmingham theater won't be premiering the Tolkien classic at midnight Friday, though there are a dozen showtimes lined up for Friday afternoon and evening.
The first of three Hobbit films from director Peter Jackson, An Unexpected Journey follows the hobbit Bilbo Baggins in this prequel to the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Bilbo joins a band of dwarves as well as the wizard Gandalf as they seek to reclaim treasure stolen by the dragon Smaug.
See The Hobbit in Birmingham Friday at the following times (provided by www.uptownentertainment.com). Passes will not be accepted:
- 11:30 a.m. (luxury seating)
- 1 p.m.
- 3:15 p.m. (luxury seating)
- 4:45 p.m.
- 7:45 p.m. (reserved seating)
- 8:30 p.m.
- 10:45 p.m. (luxury seating)
You can also catch The Hobbit in 3D at:
- 12:15 p.m.
- 2:15 p.m.
- 4 p.m.
- 6 p.m.
- 7:30 p.m.
- 9:45 p.m.
- 11:15 p.m.
If you do want to see The Hobbit at midnight, there are showings nearby at:
- Emagine Royal Oak (200 N. Main St., Royal Oak)
- AMC Star John R (32289 John R. Rd, Madison Heights)
- AMC Star Southfield (25333 W. 12 Mile Rd., Southfield)