Fans of young adult literature will want to pay attention: Four Michigan young adult authors will be stopping in Birmingham today.
The four writers — all authors of books for teens and young adults — will be at at 1:30 p.m. Tuesday. All four will read from their latest novels, which will be available for signing and purchasing, courtesy of Oak Park's BookBeat Bookstore.
In addition, Tuesday will mark the special pre-release of Lara Zielin's newest novel, The Waiting Sky.
Take a look at who's stopping by:
- Latest book: Sign Language
- Description: Abby struggles with her relationship with her mother as she matures from a naive 12-year-old to a young woman able to discover new-found relationships.
- Latest book: What She Left Behind
- Description: Just released in May to excellent reviews, the heroine, Sarah, faces an increasing feeling of isolation in what YOYA calls "a truly remarkable story of resiliance."
- Latest book: Getting Somewhere
- Description: Three young women meet at an experimental program on a juvenile detention farm. They face some hard issues as they struggle to develop insight into themselves.
- Latest book: The Waiting Sky
- Description: Minnesota 17-year-old Jane McAllister has devoted years to helping her out-of-control alcoholic mother, so joining her brother in chasing tornadoes for a summer gives her a fresh perspective, new options and her first real romance.
All descriptions courtesy of Baldwin Public Library.