Labor Day is here, and while offices are closed and the barbecues are fired up, you still may need to get out and around Birmingham.
Here's what you need to know about what's open and closed:
- City Hall: You may have to pay your parking tickets some other time. City Hall, including the clerk's office, building and zoning department and treasurer's office will be closed Monday. Offices will re-open for regular business hours Tuesday.
- Post office: The off Adams Road will be closed on Labor Day; there will not be any mail delivery or pickup. The post office will re-open Tuesday for normal business hours.
- Trash collection: Trash collection will be one day late this week because of the holiday.
- Emergency: Make sure to call 911 in case of any emergency. For nonemergencies, call the at 248-530-1889 or the at 248-530-1900.
- Library: The Baldwin Public Library will be closed Monday, but will re-open Tuesday during regular business hours.
- Grocery stores: All grocery stores, including Papa Joe's and Kroger, will be open regular hours Monday.
- Movies: Take a family trip to the movies this Labor Day. The Birmingham and Palladium 12 theaters are open Monday, with screenings beginning at 11 a.m. Find out what's playing and when, courtesy of our partners at Moviephone.
- YMCA: Don't let the holiday be an excuse to miss your workout. The YMCA will be open Monday 5 a.m.-1 p.m.