Invite a friend
Rally for the Rutherfords
The Harlan Elementary community is rallying this Wednesday night to raise money for Harlan 5th grade teacher Chad Rutherford, who was diagnosed with cancer in December 2012.
On Wednesday night, Harlan will be holding a Rally for the Rutherfords, featuring a pasta dinner, bake sale, DJ and raffle to raise money for Rutherford and his young family.
Raffle tickets are $20 and puts attendees in the drawing to win one of six prizes, with 100 percent of the proceeds going toward the Rutherford family. Prizes include:
- One week's stay at the Mayan Palace Resort in Mexico.
- One week's stay at Gulf and Bay Club Bayside in Siesta Key, FL.
- One week's stay at the Cliffs of Bay Harbor in Bay Harbor, MI.
- A round of golf and dinner at the Oakland Hills Country Club in Bloomfield Hills.
- Two tickets (fourth row, center) for a DTE Energy Music Theater summer season event of your choice.
- A chef's dinner for eight at the Brio Tuscan Grille at the Somerset Collection.
Checks can also be made out to Chad Rutherford and dropped off at Harlan. To donate online, visit http://tinyurl.com/RutherfordFlyer.
|Where||Harlan Elementary 3595 N Adams Rd, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||5:00 pm–8:00 pm|
More About Harlan Elementary
As one of eight elementary schools in the Birmingham Public School District, Harlan Elementary is located off N. Adams Rd. in Bloomfield Hills and serves one-eighth of the 3,685 elementary-age students in the district.
From kindergarten through 5th grade, students take classes in art, music and physical education, as well as core academic subjects. Students begin receiving Spanish instruction in the 3rd grade. Students can pick up Band and Orchestra in the 5th grade, and students can also participate in community service activities throughout the year.
Care options for busy parents include Kids Club, with care service offered before and after school. All elementary schools in the Birmingham Public School District come equipped with gymnasiums, separate cafeterias and a stage.