Invite a friend
Our Shepherd Lutheran Church will be hosting a three-day Oktoberfest Sept. 23-25 with proceeds benefiting the A.S.S.I.S.T program and the Special Education Teacher's Fund. The event includes live bands, traditional German food, carnival-style games as well as German beer and wine.
Big Beaver Tavern in Troy will be offering Oktoberfest beer steins for $35 each. With one, enjoy $1 beer all weekend long.
Friday: 6-11 p.m.
- Munich Night
- Free outdoor movie for the kids
Saturday: 8 a.m.-11 p.m.
- 8-11 a.m.: Family fun walk and breakfast
- 1 p.m.: Free safety class
- 2-5 p.m.: Herb Langegger on the accordian
- 2 p.m.: 3rd annual Oktoberfest tug-of-war
- 3-6 p.m.: Herb Langegger on the accordian
- 4-6 p.m.: Free petting zoo
- 5:30-7:30 p.m.: Free face painting and balloons
- 6-8 p.m.: Miss Better Made on-site
- 6:30-10:30: Seven piece traditional German band
- 7:30 p.m.: Bavarian Park dancers
Brats, hotdogs, kraut, German potato salad and drinks also available all day. A DJ wil be in the gym for older kids while there will be a free movie for kids in the evening.
Sunday: Noon-11 p.m.
- Big Daddy Lakowski and the La Dee Da's Polish Band
- Moonwalks and games noon-5 p.m.
Brats, kelbasa, pierogies, hotdogs, kraut, German potato salad and more will also be available all day.
More About Our Shepherd Lutheran Church
Our Shepherd Lutheran Church has been serving the Birmingham community for more than 50 years. Known for its large, ornate sculpture of a shepherd and a lamb, the church is located just off of East 14 Miles Road.
Besides childcare, the church offers various ministries for worshippers of all ages, from youth to adults, and singles to seniors. Traditional and contemporary services are available, as are Advent and Lenten services on Wednesday evenings in the weeks before Christmas and Easter.
The church also runs the Our Shepherd Lutheran School, a K-8 facility on East Lincoln Street.