What's Happening in Birmingham This September
From the Harvest Festival to the Michigan F.A.S.H. Fest, you'll be busy — not bored — in Birmingham this month.
September is back-to-school month in Birmingham, but there's plenty of special events happening around town all month long.
Patch will keep you up to date with what's going on every week, but we've got your monthly look ahead to keep as a handy reference.
The thing is, we know we've missed some events — some of which haven't been announced yet — so leave us a comment and let us know what else is going on this month. Our goal is to keep you informed.
- Sept. 3: City offices closed for Labor Day
- Sept. 4: First day of school for Birmingham Public Schools and Roeper students
- Sept. 5: Vine & Dine
- Sept. 6: Fashion's Night Out
- Sept. 6: Pizza & Pages book club: Matched
- Sept. 7-9: Village Players': A Man For All Seasons
- Sept. 7: Annual exhibition of Birmingham Society of Women Painters
- Sept. 7: American Association of University Women Book Sale
- Sept. 8: First Grade, First Card
- Sept. 8: Birmingham Gallery exhibit opening: Patrick Costa
- Sept. 8: Juilliard String Quartet performance
- Sept. 9: Free community yoga
- Sept. 10: City Commission meeting
- Sept. 10: Rotary Club of Birmingham meeting
- Sept. 11: Birmingham Board of Education meeting
- Sept. 11: Patriot Day
- Sept. 12: Writers Live: Susan Whitall
- Sept. 12: Family & Friends CPR
- Sept. 12: Birmingham Lions Club
- Sept. 13: StoryTellers Guild welcome back meeting
- Sept. 14: Lions Club Golf Scramble
- Sept. 14: Reception for 'The Architectural Art of Gretchen Maricak' exhibit
- Sept. 14-16: Bill Grogan's Goat concert
- Sept. 14: Village Players': A Man For All Seasons
- Sept. 15: 9th annual estate sale for Habitat for Humanity
- Sept. 15: Michigan F.A.S.H Fest Premiere
- Sept. 15-30: Birmingham in Stitches art installation
- Sept. 16: Harvest Festival at the Birmingham Farmers Market
- Sept. 17: Rotary Club of Birmingham meeting
- Sept. 18: Book discussion: Troubled Waters: The Great Lakes Frontier on the Eve of the War of 1812
- Sept. 19: Book reading: Moose on the Loose
- Sept. 19: Birmngham Lions Club meeting
- Sept. 20: Birmingham House Tour
- Sept. 20: Kindergarten-First Grade Book Party
- Sept. 20, 23: Birmingham 8 presents: 'Queen Live in Budapest 1988'
- Sept. 20: Southeast Michigan Toasting Hope Wine Event
- Sept. 20: School board candidate forum
- Sept. 21-23: Our Shepherd Lutheran Church Oktoberfest
- Sept. 22: Rail Jam
- Sept. 22: Our Shepherd/Torry 5K Walk
- Sept. 22: CRUSH Birmingham 2012 Wine and Food Classic
- Sept. 22-23: Common Ground's Birmingham Street Art Fair
- Sept. 23: Classical Brunch: The works of Mozart
- Sept. 24: Rotary Club of Birmingham meeting
- Sept. 24: City Commission meeting
- Sept. 26: Birmingham Lions Club
- Sept. 27: High School Book Club
- The Birmingham Farmers Market happens every Sunday from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. at Parking Lot No. 6 on North Old Woodward.
- 'Gretchen Maricak and Birmingham's Eco-City' will be on display at the Birmingham Historical Museum through Nov. 10.
Have we missed anything? Adding events to our calendar is easy! Check out this quick tutorial, add the event, then leave us a comment here and we'll add it to this story.