What's Happening in Birmingham This October
From a Halloween parade to the library's Books and Bites, you'll be busy — not bored — in Birmingham this month.
October is the time for Fall and Halloween in Birmingham, and there's plenty of special events happening around town all month long.
Patch will keep you up to date with what's going on every week, but we've got your monthly look ahead to keep as a handy reference.
The thing is, we know we've missed some events — some of which haven't been announced yet — so leave us a comment and let us know what else is going on this month. Our goal is to keep you informed.
- Oct. 1: Rotary Club of Birmingham Meets
- Oct. 1-31: Clip-In for Cancer
- Oct. 2: Silver Pig Restaurant Group Job Fair
- Oct. 3: Birmingham Lions Club Meets
- Oct. 4: Beaumont Breast Health Fair
- Oct. 4-5: The Little Mermaid Jr. at Seaholm
- Oct. 6: Oakland County Rode the Rails
- Oct. 7: Birmingham/Bloomfield CROP Walk
- Oct. 8: Groves PTSA Meeting
- Oct. 9-10: First Presbyterian Fall Rummage Sale
- Oct. 10: LBN Birmingham Mid Day
- Oct. 10: Community Leadership Luncheon
- Oct. 11: Patty Duke Appearance at The Townsend
- Oct. 11: Birmingham Senior Center Senior Expo
- Oct. 11-13: OUR Town Art Show and Sale
- Oct. 12: Birmingham Gallery's "Pink Fund" Fundraiser
- Oct. 14: Free Community Yoga
- Oct. 15: Birmingham City Commission Meets
- Oct. 15: Belightful Family Yoga
- Oct. 18: Books and Bites at the Baldwin Library
- Oct. 20: Ace the ACT Essay Test
- Oct. 21: Birmingham Bloomfield Symphony Orchestra Performs
- Oct. 21: Giveaways at the Farmers' Market
- Oct. 21: Birmingham Pumpkin Patch and Halloween Parade
- Oct. 22: League of Women Voters Annual Fall Luncheon
- Oct. 24: Vegetarian Cooking Class
- Oct. 25: Community House Business Symposium
- Oct. 28: Phantom of the Opera
- Oct. 28: End of Season Celebration at the Farmers' Market
- Oct. 29: Birmingham City Commission Meets
- Oct. 30: Birmingham Kettlebell Club
- The Birmingham Farmers Market happens every Sunday until Oct. 28 from 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. at Parking Lot No. 6 on North Old Woodward.
- 'Gretchen Maricak and Birmingham's Eco-City' will be on display at the Birmingham Historical Museum through Nov. 10.
Have we missed anything? Adding events to our calendar is easy! Check out this quick tutorial, add the event, then leave us a comment here and we'll add it to this story.