What's Happening in Birmingham This July
From fireworks to Day on the Town, you'll be busy, not bored, in Birmingham this month.
July is here and so is the heat of mid-summer. From the Fourth of July fireworks at the beginning of the month, to Day on the Town — Birmingham's city-wide outdoor sale — at the end, there's plenty happening around town.
Patch will keep you up to date with what's going on every week, but we've got your monthly look ahead to keep as a handy reference.
The thing is, we know we've missed some events — some of which haven't been announced yet — so leave us a comment and let us know what else is going on this month. Our goal is to keep you informed.
- July 3: Firecracker Open
- July 3: Fireworks display
- July 4: Independence Day
- July 4: City offices closed
- July 9: Last day to register for the August election
- July 10: Baldwin Olympics: Shoot for the Stars
- July 10-12: ACT Prep at the Student Connection
- July 11: In the Park Concert Series: Acoustic Brothers from Different Mothers
- July 12: Jazzy Nights on the Terrace: The Johnny Trudell Quartet
- July 14: Birmingham in the Garden
- July 17: Bill Vlasic reads from Once Upon a Car: The Fall and Resurrection of America's Big Three
- July 17-19: ACT Prep
- July 18: Lido Gallery Poetry & Music Series
- July 18: In the Park Concert Series: 730 Club Band
- July 19: Dark Knight marathon at the Birmingham 8
- July 19: Jazzy Nights on the Terrace: April Tini with the Dennis Tini Trio
- July 19-20: Project Daydream's Willy Wonka
- July 24: Young adult authors visit Baldwin
- July 24: Voters' forum for state representative candidates
- July 24-26: ACT Prep
- July 25: In the Park Concert Series: AllenAsTim
- July 26: Jazzy Nights on the Terrace: Ron Kischuk and the Masters of Music Quartet
- July 28: Day on the Town
- July 28: Sen. John Pappageorge office hours
Have we missed anything? Adding events to our calendar is easy! Check out this quick tutorial, add the event, then leave us a comment here and we'll add it to this story.