Alberto Sandoval, #94: 'It's the Whole Thing'
Sandoval's son, Alberto, is a sophomore defensive lineman on Brother Rice's varsity football team.
Brother Rice High School students and alumni love the school, and the football parents love and support their Warriors. While the team played on the field, Patch went into the stands to tell the stories of the parents who help make everything possible.
Name: Alberto Sandoval
Connection: Son Alberto Sandoval, #97, is a sophomore defensive lineman.
Favorite moment from the season: Last week's 27-26 victory over Detroit King. "My son got a solo tackle for a loss in that game. We were very proud."
What makes Brother Rice special? "It's the whole thing. It takes a year to understand Rice. At the beginning, we weren't sure, but now, we understand. It's like a brotherhood. It's really big."
Check out other Warriors in the Crowd:
- Vera Muzzillo, #8: 'Sense of Community' Makes Brother Rice Special
- Brian Roney, #8: Team is a 'Band of Brothers'
- Michelle Forster Armstrong, #80: 'It Takes a Community to Raise a Child'
- Beverly Boerkel: 'We've Always Been Connected' with Warriors
- Jim Skylis, #49: Warriors 'Play Together, as a Team'
- Paul Forster, #80: 'It's a Very Disciplined Group of Boys'
- Ken Carlson, #93: 'History Repeating' for Football Family
- Jimmy and Kerrie Rabben, #20: Warriors Team Loves Each Other
To read more about these dedicated parents, check out the Warriors in the Crowd Page on Patch.