Walk, Run for Lung Cancer Returns to Birmingham
The event will begin and end in Booth Park on May 4, 2013. All proceeds go toward researching a cure for lung cancer.
The Breathe Deep Michigan 5K, sponsored by the LUNGevity Foundation, will return to Birmingham next spring.
The event takes place from 9 a.m.-noon on May 4, 2013 starting and ending in Booth Park. All proceeds will go toward the LUNGevity Foundation, which funds research for and spreads awareness about lung cancer.
In total, the group is looking to raise $50,000 during the Birmingham walk.
This will be the second year the Breathe Deep 5K will be held in Birmingham after the foundation received permission to hold the event in Birmingham on May 12. Previous Breathe Deep walks have been in held in 2008-10 in West Bloomfield.
The LUNGevity Foundation is based in Chicago, but according to event organizer Katie Avesian, the foundation's founding members are from West Bloomfield and the movement has a strong presence throughout Metro Detroit.
The walk will kick off from Booth Park following a short presentation. The race route will be:
- Starting at Booth Park, head west on Harmon Street
- North on Greenwood, to Oak
- West on Oak, to Lakeside
- North on Lakeside, to Redding
- West on Redding, to Chesterfield
- South on Chesterfield, to Pine
- East on Pine, to Lakepark
- North on Lakepark, to Oak
- East on Oak, to Lakeview
- South on Lakeview, to Harmon
- East on Harmon, all the way to the finish line at Booth Park.
To volunteer for the Breathe Deep walk, email firstname.lastname@example.org.