'The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee' Opens Friday at Roeper
The Roeper Theater Company opens at 8 p.m. Friday with performances Saturday, Sunday and next weekend.
High school theater season is upon us and tickets are on sale now for the grand opening The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, put on by the Roeper Theater Company.
The Roeper Theater Company is based out of the Roeper Upper School, located in Birmingham.
The show opens at 8 p.m. Friday, with performances scheduled for this weekend and next.
During The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, six young people in the throes of puberty — overseen by grown-ups who barely managed to escape childhood themselves — learn that winning isn't everything and losing doesn't necessarily make you a loser.
Roeper's production is directed by Shelley Fager-Bajorek with music direction by Abha Dearing. The cast features:
- Jacob Dalton, Waterford (senior)
- Samantha Heiman, Clarkston (senior)
- Jeffrey Fox, West Bloomfield (junior)
- Clara Bird, Royal Oak (junior)
- Rachel Stamler-Jonas, Royal Oak (junior)
- Dylan Bennett, Huntington Woods (junior)
- Francesca Bennett, Huntington Woods (junior)
- Eric Silver, Huntington Woods, (sophomore)
- John Hatcher, Auburn Hills (freshman)
- Julia Morgan, Birmingham (freshman)
If you go
- Where: Roeper Upper School
- When: 8 p.m. Nov. 2, 3, 9 and 10. There will also be 2 p.m. shows at Nov. 4, 8
- Cost: $15 for general admission; $10 for students and seniors
Will you be at the show? Upload your picture of The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee to this article and we'll feature them on Patch!