Still Not Full Yet? Fill Your Plate With Restaurant Week Coverage
It's one of Birmingham's biggest draws during the early winter months. Here's what Metro Detroit media has to say about Birmingham Restaurant Week 2012.
Birmingham Restaurant Week 2012 wrapped up its first week Friday, giving area chefs time to rest up and prepare for next week's final hurrah. The two-week event features 20 Birmingham restaurants, with chefs offering special $30 dinner and $15 lunch menus to entice diners during the lull between New Year's and Valentine's Day.
Here at Birmingham Patch, we've brought you our own three courses worth of coverage: the preview, Birmingham Restaurant Week's 20 Choices Include 3 Newcomers; the complete list of participating restaurants as well as their Restaurant Week menus, Need To Know: Your Guide to Birmingham Restaurant Week 2012; and our own sneak peak into what Cafe Via was offering, Best Thing We Ate: Restaurant Week at Cafe Via.
Metro Detroit media have also joined the Restaurant Week frenzy. Here's what's been written about Birmingham's 2012 festival of everything tasty and delectable:
- Restaurant Week's home base in 2012 is birminghamrestaurantweek.org, run by the Birmingham Principal Shopping District.
- Birmingham, Ann Arbor running restaurant weeks — Detroit Free Press
- Days of fine dining — Birmingham Eccentric
- Birmingham Restaurant Week comes back for another taste — Birmingham Eagle
- Birmingham Restaurant Week starts Monday — Downtown Magazine
- Birmingham Restaurant Week offers affordable menus while helping those in need — WXYZ
- Birmingham Restaurant Week kicks off — Click on Detroit
- Birmingham Restaurant Week: Fleming's Prime Steakhouse — Fox 2 Detroit
- Birmingham Winter Restaurant Week — Metro Parent Magazine
- Annual dining event looks to draw crowds in downtown Birmingham — The Oakland Press
- Going 'ham for Restaurant Week — The Woodward Spine
- Birmingham Restaurant Week was also featured on the Feb. 2 webcast of the Social Insider.
Continue checking back with Patch all next week for continued coverage of Birmingham Restaurant Week 2012. Until then, we want to check out a few Restaurant Week favorites around town, so we're wondering: Where do you think we should go?
Leave us a comment telling us which Restaurant Week eatery is your favorite, and which spot we should highlight with next week's Best Thing We Ate. We're already hungry!