See These Local Artists at the Common Ground Street Art Fair
The annual art festival will take place Saturday and Sunday on South Old Woodward Avenue in downtown Birmingham.
Common Ground's 38th Annual Birmingham Street Art Fair returns to downtown Birmingham this weekend, featuring artwork from a variety of Birmingham-area and Metro Detroit artists.
Produced in association with the Guild of Artists and Artisans, the fair will spotlight artwork from more than 160 juried artists and artisans, most of which will be available for purchase. Art on display includes ceramics, paintings, sculptures, jewelry, photography and more.
The fair is a major fundraiser for Common Ground, a nonprofit emergency help line for adults, youths and families in crisis. To raise funds, the group will be holding an auction throughout the weekend, with artwork donated by participating artists.
Looking to buy super-local? See the Birmingham-area artists participating in this weekend's Street Art Fair.
|Carole Berhorst||Bloomfield Hills||Clay||144|
|Karen Fenwick||Bloomfield Hills||Mixed Media||163|
|Linda Rodney, Theodore Shinkle||Bloomfield Hills||Photography||095, 096|
|Lucia Lucas||Bloomfield Township||Painting||074|
|Sara Frank||West Bloomfield||Clay||170|
|Julia McGrath||West Bloomfield||Painting||068|
|Kathy Boltz Phillips||West Bloomfield||Painting||065|
|Rusty and Maureen Voorheis||West Bloomfield||Sculpture||071|
|Maria Oliva Tyra||Clawson||Drawing||010|
|Duane Scherer||Royal Oak||Mixed Media||031|
|Sooney Kahouh||Royal Oak||Photography||165|
If you go
- When: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday; 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday
- Where: South Old Woodward between Maple and Bowers, and on Merrill Street between Pierce and Old Woodward.
- Parking: Parking will be available on the street as well as in the city's five parking structures all weekend long. At the parking structures, the first two hours are free and each hour after that costs $1. At the meters, parking is $1 an hour. On Sunday, parking is free throughout the city.
- Price: Admission to the fair is free. Artwork is available for purchase at individual stands.
- For the kids: The Detroit Institute of Arts will be on hand all weekend long with hands-on children's activities.