Need To Know: Ash Wednesday Services in Birmingham
Lenten services in and around Birmingham Wednesday.
Fat Tuesday is over and Birmingham churches are opening their doors for Ash Wednesday services:
- Holy Day Mass at St. Columban takes place at 7 p.m., and at 9 a.m. at St. Alan (the cluster-mate of St. Columban).
- St. James will be offering the Holy Eucharist and imposition of ashes at 7 a.m., noon and 7 p.m.
- Our Shepherd will be holding a Lenten service at 7 p.m., with dinner at 5:30 p.m.
- Grace Baptist Church typically holds a midweek service at 7 p.m. Wednesday.
- Worship is offered every hour, on the hour, from 7 a.m.-7 p.m. in the Runkel Chapel. Each 30-minute service includes hymms, a meditation and Holy Communion.
- United Methodist Women will hold a Ash Wednesday brunch and service, with communion in the sanctuary at 9 a.m. and brunch following the service. The event costs $5 at the door.
- The church will also host an Empty Bowls Soup Supper from 5-8 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall. Tickets are available for $10 per person, or $25 per family.
- Ash Wednesday services will be held at noon and 7 p.m.
- A soup lunch will follow the noon service.
- Lenten services begin on Ash Wednesday from 6-8 p.m. and run for the next six weeks.
- The church also offers Lenten dinner beginning at 5:30 p.m.
- Litergy is scheduled for noon and 7 p.m.
- Daily mass begins, as usual, at 8 a.m.
Have we missed any services? Let us know and we'll add the times and places.