It's All About Health and Fitness This Weekend at the Farmers Market
The Birmingham Farmers Market's Health and Fitness Day happens this Sunday from 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
Wondering what to do with yourself this weekend? Don't dismay: check out today's Weekend Spotlight:
Our pick for today: Health and Fitness Day at the Birmingham Farmers Market
- When: 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Sunday
- Where: Parking Lot No. 6, on North Old Woodward Avenue
- Cost: Free
- Why Go: In addition to the fresh and healthy food always found at the Birmingham Farmers Market, residents will find even more ways to boost their health this weekend during the market's annual Health and Fitness Day. While the market is open, enjoy cooking demonstrations, chair massages, blood pressure screenings, posture checks, complimentary dental checks and more. Vendors include Alpha Lifestyle Center, Art of Strength, Be Well of Birmingham, Birmingham Wellness Center, Dental Radiance, Meadowbrook Urgent Care, Townsend Street Pilates and more. Plus, stop by Cousin Don's booth to have author Colleen K. Dodt sign copies of her book, Essential Oils and Natural Baby Care Book.
Also happening this weekend:
- Torry Community to Host Annual Garage Sale Friday, Saturday
- 'Pippi Longstocking' Opens Thursday at the Village Players
Come back to Birmingham Patch on Thursday for more weekend things to do in our Weekend Planner, or visit our events calendar.