Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder announced Thursday that he would pursue right-to-work legislation for public and private employees in the state, according to the Detroit Free Press.
The law would include an exemption for firefighters and police officers, but it would apply to 17.5 percent of Michigan's workforce, according to the Detroit News.
See More on Patch
- Birmingham Renews Contract With Municipal Employees Union
- Scott Romney Not Running for the U.S. Senate, Reports State
- Carl Levin Won't Run for Re-Election in 2014
- Sequestration Budget Cuts: Where Do Federal Employees Work?
- Federal Sequestration Could Mean Loss of Special Education Funds for Birmingham Schools