Fun Happenings Nearby This Weekend
Jam to Blackthorn in Berkley or the Killer Flamingos in Royal Oak; savor some Shakespeare on the big screen in Birmingham; take a haunted tour from Clawson; yuck it up in Ferndale; or peer into your future in Troy.
There's a lot going on in our area this weekend, so we've collected some of the highlights to share with you.
- When: 9:30 p.m. Saturday.
- Where: O'Mara's Restaurant in Berkley.
- Cost: $5.
- Why go: Chow down on traditional Irish grub while you watch Blackthorn perform traditional Celtic music and contemporary Irish songs with humor and a variety of instruments.
- What else: Call 248-399-6750 for more information.
- When: 7 p.m. Saturday.
- Where: Birmingham 8.
- Cost: $12.50.
- Why Go: During this three-part series, experience on the big-screen three of Shakespeare's plays – All's Well that Ends Well, Much Ado about Nothing and Doctor Faustus – all of which were performed at London's Globe Theatre.
- When: 7:30 p.m. Saturday.
- Where: Moose Winooski's, 38 S. Main St., Clawson.
- Cost: $35. Seating is limited. Tickets must be purchased in advance and are available at haunteddetroittours.com.
- Why go: Join a 2.5-hour ghost-hunting adventure throughout Metro Detroit that departs from Clawson. The tour will include charter transportation, refreshments, history of the sites and guides equipped with ghost-hunting tools such as digital cameras, infrared thermometers and EMF detectors to help identify potential paranormal activity.
- When: 9 p.m. Sunday.
- Where: The Luna Lounge, 1815 N. Main St., Royal Oak.
- Cost: Admission is free.
- Why go: Party the night away with one of Metro Detroit's favorite live bands and boogie down between sets to a blend of pop, rock and electronica.
- What else: You must be age 21 or older.
Go Comedy All Star Showdown
- When: 8 p.m., 10 p.m. Saturday.
- Where: Go Comedy! Improv Theater, E. 9 Mile Road, Ferndale.
- Cost: $15.
- Why go: Play as big a role as you want during short improv games, challenges and more in this interactive, improvised game show, billed as "one part 'Whose Line is it Anyway,' and one part 'Match Game PM'."
- What else: Visit gocomedy.net for more information.
- When: Noon to 6 p.m. Sunday.
- Where: Quality Inn Hotel Detroit - Troy, 2537 Rochester Ct., Troy.
- Cost: $5 admission, separate charges for services. See michiganpsychicfair.org for discount coupon.
- Why go: Take your pick from an assortment of readers and types of readings and find out what your present, past and future hold.
- What else: Visit michiganpsychicfair.org/faq for more information.
Know of an upcoming event in our area? Promote it for free on Patch!