Fun Happenings Nearby This Weekend
Explore the DIY Street Fair in Ferndale; check out runway shows in Birmingham, 'Legally Blonde' in Royal Oak or live music in Berkley; or raise money for wounded military members in Clawson.
There's a lot going on in our area this weekend, so we've collected some of the highlights to share with you.
- When: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday
- Where: Shain Park, Birmingham
- Cost: Free
- Why Go: Michigan's F.A.S.H. — standing for fashion, art, sound and history — festival will feature a day full of runway shows from local designers, historical exhibits, concerts and art installations. Proceeds will benefit Forgotten Harvest.
- What else: Visit www.michiganfashfest.com for more information.
- When: Noon to 8:30 p.m. Saturday
- Where: Clawson American Legion, 655 S. Main St., Clawson
- Cost: Admission is free.
- Why go: Help raise money for wounded military members via 50/50 raffles and a silent auction. Lunch and dinner will be served and the band Rickety Nelson's will play at 4.30 pm.
- What else: Call 248-588-6626 for more information.
- When: 11 a.m. to midnight Saturday (Kids Zone, noon to 6 p.m.); 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Sunday (Kids Zone, noon to 6 p.m.; marketplace, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- Where: Southeast quadrant of Nine Mile Road and Woodward Avenue, spanning the Ferndale Public Library parking lot, Troy Street and the city parking lot (Falvey Lot) behind Woodward Avenue Brewers.
- Cost: Free to attend plus free family activities.
- Why go: Browse handmade items from 130 local vendors; check out local restaurants, food trucks and two beer tents; and enjoy musical performances each evening until 2 a.m. at the Jack Daniels Landing Pad (The Loving Touch). See the full line-up here.
- When: 8 p.m. Saturday, 2 p.m. Sunday.
- Where: Stagecrafters Baldwin Theatre, 415 S. Lafayette Ave., Royal Oak.
- Cost: $20.
- Why go: Enjoy the Tony-nominated, fresh-off-Broadway stage adaptation of the hit movie about Elle Woods, a young woman who discovers there's much more to herself than her good looks.
- What else: Patrick Kilbourn of Berkley plays Emmett Forrest, a smart and kind teaching assistant.
Live music at O'Mara's
- When: 8:30 p.m. Saturday
- Where: O'Mara's Restaurant, Berkley
- Cost: No cover
- Why go: Enjoy dinner and drinks while you rock out to '60s and early '70's folk and rock by veteran Detroit music scenester Charlie Latimer.
Know of an upcoming event in our area? Promote it for free on Patch!