All summer you've nominated and you've voted for your favorite local businesses in categories ranging from best area festival to best place to enjoy a glass of wine.
Now, we've tallied the votes — both in the polls and in the comments — and it's time to announce the winners.
Birmingham Patch received votes and comments for every category, with some categories inspiring long discussions (such as, what makes a good preschool?). Some of the winners aren't surprising: Greek Islands has long been a popular lunch spot. Some are more out of the ordinary: Brooklyn Pizza won two awards, one for best pizza and the second for ... best ice cream?
Thanks to all the Patch readers who nominated their favorite local businesses and voted. Did your favorite win? Check out the winners:
- Winner: Hand in Hand Early Learning Center at First Presbyterian Church
- Runner Up: Gateway Montessori
- Winner: Tie between Main Art Theatre (Royal Oak) and Emagine (Royal Oak)
- Runner Up: Palladium 12
Best Area Home Store
- Winner: Leon and Lulu (Clawson)
- Runner Up: June Moon (Berkley)
Best Area Festival
- Winner: DIY Street Fair (Ferndale)
- Runner Up: Arts, Beats and Eats (Royal Oak)