Do You 'Like' Birmingham on Facebook?
The city of Birmingham recently revamped its social media presence, but do you know who else around town is on Facebook?
In an effort to stay connected with residents, the city of Birmingham is going social.
Social media, that is. Birmingham recently revamped its presence on Facebook, with the newly re-launched City of Birmingham page now found at www.facebook.com/Bhamgov.
According to Birmingham's Marianne Gamboa, the Facebook page — now with 86 followers — offers a way for residents and visitors to stay connected with Birmingham's special events, community involvement opportunities, job fairs, job openings and more.
The city can also be found on Twitter at @bhamgov, Birmingham's official Twitter feed featuring everything from events, meetings and job postings.
But how much do you really know about Birmingham's online presence? To keep up with what's happening around town, make sure you bookmark these pages. On Facebook:
- Birmingham Historical Museum and Park: Featuring information and photos from the museum's events and exhibits.
- Birmingham Principal Shopping District (Enjoy Birmingham NOW): Find photos, videos and information on downtown events, as well as the latest news and specials from downtown Birmingham businesses.
- Birmingham Farmers Market: Find out when the Farmers Market is coming back, what kind of specials you can find and more.
- Birmingham Public Art: Featuring photos and information about Birmingham's public art pieces.
- @EnjoyBhamNOW: The official Twitter feed for the Birmingham Principal Shopping District
- @BhamFarmMkt: The official Twitter feed for the Birmingham Farmers Market.
For more local Facebook pages to help you stay on top of what's happening in Birmingham, visit 25 Facebook Pages Birmingham Should 'Like'. And don't forget your favorite community news website: 'Like' Birmingham Patch on Facebook and at @BirminghamPatch.