Business Briefs: Chen Chow Teams Up With Red Wing In Celebrity Sushi Program
Also in Birmingham business news, Tender will host a special party Wednesday evening to raise money for Humble.
Here's a snapshot of what's going on in Birmingham business community this week:
Dan Cleary joins Chen Chow Celebrity Sushi Program
Chen Chow Brasserie will be teaming up with Detroit Red Wing Dan Cleary as part of the restaurant's Celebrity Sushi Program.
The $14 Cleary crab roll will be Chen Chow's special sushi roll for February and will be available throughout the month. Proceeds will be donated to the Detroit Red Wings Foundation, which assists a wide variety of charitable activities and programs throughout Michigan and Metro Detroit. Past grant recipients include: the Salvation Army STRIVE Hockey Program, the Michigan Amateur Hockey Association One Goal Program and the Far Conservatory of Therapeutic Arts in Birmingham.
Since November 2011, Chen Chow has partnered with a local, regional or national figure on a monthly basis to feature a signature sushi roll in support of their charity of choice.
"I've always been a huge fan of Chen Chow and it's not often enough that you see local businesses make community engagement such a priority, so when Tracy (Wilson, Chen Chow general manager) asked me to participate it was a no-brainer," Cleary said. "I've followed the program from the periphery and I think it's a great vehicle through which to give back in a fun way."
The Cleary crab roll features avocado and cucumber wrapped in sesame soy paper. It's topped with spicy crab salad, baked and served warm.
Tender, Humble to throw party for survivors of Detroit's homeless, domestic abuse shelters
Tender will be throwing a party Wednesday night to raise money for Detroit's homeless and survivors of domestic abuse. Tender will be partnering with Design Detroit to raise money for Humble, an eco-friendly non-profit that provides families emerging from Detroit-area homeless and domestic abuse shelters with a newly decorated home.
To give back to Humble, Tender will donate 10 percent of Wednesday evening's sales to Humble. The party will take place from 6-9 p.m. and is free.
- Business after hours: 5:30-7 p.m. Feb. 8, Rusty Bucket Tavern (42874 Woodward Ave. in Bloomfield Hills)
- A Place to Be ribbon-cutting: 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Feb. 15, 725 S. Adams Rd., Suite 185
- Government Forecast breakfast: 7:30-9:30 a.m. Feb. 17, Townsend Hotel
- Synergy Wellness and Advanced Bodywork ribbon-cutting: 4-5 p.m. Feb. 21, 1775 E. 14 Mile Rd.
- Member coffee: 8-9 a.m. Feb. 23, A.J. Desmond & Sons Funeral Home (32515 Woodward Ave. in Royal Oak)
- Business after hours: 5:30-7 p.m. March 7, Chen Chow
- Healthcare Forecast breakfast: 7:30-9:30 a.m. March 15, Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital atrium (6777 W. Maple Rd. in West Bloomfield)
- Economic Forecast lunch: 11:30-1:30 p.m. April 12, Townsend Hotel.