Birmingham-Area Brother Rice Athletes Sign Letters of Intent
Seventeen student athletes from Brother Rice committed to compete at a variety of colleges and universities next fall on National Signing Day.
Seventeen senior student-athletes from Brother Rice High School formally committed to play college athletics at a variety of schools next fall during a ceremony Wednesday.
The ceremony coincided with National Signing Day, during which thousands of high school athletes announce where they'll competing on a collegiate level.
"It's important that we recognize these young men not just for their athletic accomplishments, but also for the great choices they've made in higher education," said Brother Rice Principal Br. Mike Segvich in a press release. "Notre Dame, Penn, Vassar, Fordham, Kalamazoo, Boston University ... it's a very impressive list."
During the event, Brother Rice recognized all of its student athletes who have committed to compete in college sports in the fall. Many of those Brother Rice athletes were Birmingham-area residents and include:
- Kyle Bindi (football), Michigan Tech
- Vincent Mencotti (squash), Vassar College
- John Plaskey (lacrosse), Mercyhurst
- James Crowe (lacrosse), Mercyhurst
- J.P. Forester (lacrosse), University of Richmond
- Griffin Anderson (football), University of Pennsylvania
- Russell Cicerone (soccer), University of Buffalo
- Kevin Henry (football), Fordham
- Sergio Perkovic (lacrosse), Notre Dame