Blood Spatter Evidence in Grandmother's Murder Trial and More on Patch Local Voices
Find out who is posting on Patch, including a West Bloomfield reporter covering the Sandra Layne Murder trial, and how you can get started.
Your voice. Your community.
The Patch Local Voices section can be a powerful tool for yourself, your group or your business. It's the perfect place to promote a big event coming up, voice your opinion on something you are passionate about or share tips from your career field.
Each Sunday we will feature some of Patch's most interesting Local Voices writers, show you who is posting on Patch and how you can get started.
Trial Talk: A West Bloomfield Grandmother Murder Case
One of Patch's newest and most intriguing Local Voices writers comes from West Bloomfield. Freelance reporter Ronelle Grier has a front row seat for the Sandra Layne Murder Trial. Layne has been charged in the shooting death of her 17-year-old grandson.
Grier is covering the case closely with posts on Patch including her own observations and commentary, along with input from other knowledgeable sources, including family members. She said it is impossible for a newspaper article or television newscast to include everything that happens in the case. Her goal is to fill in some of the gaps in the coverage of this heartbreaking and fascinating case.
She's already introduced the main players, addressed rumors that the victim was crazed on drugs or that his parents abandoned him and wrote about a forensic scientist that specializes in blood spatter evidence.
You can follow her blog on West Bloomfield Patch.
Who else is posting on Patch?
- Royal Oak cartoonist John Rasmussen has a pretty hilarious drawing about the election of a new pope.
- Rochester Travel agent Meredith McCutcheon writes about the most magical place on earth, Disney World.
- Michigan native Michael and his wife Graciela now live in Colombia and the couple regularly shares their adventures abroad, including a recent trip to Providencia Island.
- Birmingham's Lori T. Williams, Owner/Managing Attorney of Your Legal Resource, answered the question, where's my income tax refund?
How can I post on Patch?
Blogging in our Local Voices Section is easy:
- Sign in to our site with your email (or sign up by clicking join on the top right of our home page, if you don't have an account)
- Fill out your profile by filling out a bio of yourself (or group/business) and upload a picture of yourself (or group/business) by clicking your name in the upper left side of the home page.
- Click the Patch town you would like to post in: Rochester/Rochester Hills, Troy, Bloomfield/Bloomfield Hills, West Bloomfield, Birmingham, Ferndale, Royal Oak or Clawson and click "Post on Patch."
- Start writing!
- Upload a photo to make your post stand out by clicking "Add photos, videos & PDF's" on the upper left side of the page.
- Hit submit!
Contact Patch Community Editor Jason Alexander at email@example.com or 810-488-1353.