5 Things To Know This Week: Stress Workshop, Franklin Baseball Clinic
From Tuesday's school board meeting to the Birmingham Restaurant Week, here's what you need to know about Birmingham this week.
- School board to meet Tuesday: The Birmingham Board of Education will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the district's administrative offices. On the agenda is a report from Superintendent Daniel Nerad on the district's new safety and security measures.
- Birmingham Restaurant Week ends Friday: It's the last week for Birmingham Restaurant Week 2013, which wraps up on Friday at 20 restaurants around town. For a complete line-up of participating eateries and their menus, visit Need To Know: Your Guide to Birmingham Restaurant Week 2013.
- Eton Academy open house Tuesday: The Eton Academy, Birmingham's school for special learners, will be hosting an open house from 9-11 a.m. Tuesday. During the open house, see Eton in action and talk with students, parents and teachers.
- Stress workshop Thursday: Feeling a little stressed out lately? The Birmingham Wellness Center will be hosting a stress workshop at 7 p.m. Thursday, featuring Dr. Inessa Daniv. Improve your sleep habits, learn stress-reducing breathing techniques and more. RSVP at 248-645-6070.
- Franklin Baseball League clinic Wednesday: Do you have a little one interested in joining the Franklin Baseball League this spring? The league will be hosting clinics at 6:30 p.m. this Wednesday and next at Bingham Farms Elementary School for young athletes in kindergarten through second grade. The clinic is $10 per session and includes a t-shirt and a tasty take-home treat.