5 Things To Know This Week: Spring Rummage Sale, BBSO Concert
From several city meetings to AP exams, here's what you need to know about Birmingham this week.
- City Commission to meet Monday: The Birmingham City Commission will meet at 7:30 p.m. Monday at City Hall. On the agenda are several master plans and committees for which the city is seeking commissioner feedback.
- School board meets Tuesday: The Birmingham Board of Education is scheduled to meet at 6 p.m. Tuesday to discuss the superintendent search survey conducted by search firm, School Exec Connect. The board will meet at the district's administrative offices.
- Spring rummage sale this Tuesday and Wednesday: The First Presbyterian Church of Birmingham will be hosting its spring rummage sale Tuesday from 5-8 p.m. and Wednesday from 9 a.m.-8 p.m. at the church. The sale is sponsored by the Presbyterian Women, with proceeds going toward the church's missions. Items include everything from clothes, furniture and toys to electronics and sporting goods.
- BBSO coffee and classics Thursday: The Birmingham Bloomfield Symphony Orchestra will be visiting the Birmingham Area Seniors Center at 10:30 a.m. Thursday. Tickets are $15 and coffee and pastries will be served before the concert.
- AP exams begin this week: Do you have a high school student? Know that Groves High School and Seaholm High School will begin administering AP exams this week and next week. For more information, contact your school.