5 Things To Know This Week: Restaurant Week, Parenting Workshop
Start your week with what you need to know about Birmingham.
- Birmingham Restaurant Week begins Monday: Birmingham Restaurant Week 2013 is officially here, beginning at lunchtime Monday at 20 restaurants around town. For a look at the menus and participating restaurants, visit Need to Know: Your Guide to Birmingham Restaurant Week 2013.
- City Commission to meet Monday: The Birmingham City Commission will meet at 7:30 p.m. Monday at City Hall. On the agenda is a third proposed location for a Ducati motorcycle dealership in Birmingham.
- Social mixer at Zazios Tuesday: Spend some time at Zazios before they close for the last time at the end of the month. The Blackwood Business Club will be hosting a social business mixer at the restaurant from from 6-9 p.m. Tuesday. Tickets are $15 beforehand and $20 at the door.
- Parenting workshop Thursday: Birmingham's Building Better Families Through Action (BBFA) will host a special workshop Thursday, "Parenting Teenage Boys." To be held from 10-11:30 a.m. at Baldwin Public Library, the workshop will feature Ted Braude, author of What's Behind All the Fighting?
- Battle of the Books author visit Thursday: Margi Preus, author of Heart of a Samurai — a 2012-13 selection for Birmingham Schools' Battles of the Books — will visit Baldwin Public Library via Skype from 7-8 p.m. Thursday. The program is free to attend.