5 Things to Know This Week: Prom Preview, Easter Holiday Closings
Here's what you need to know about Birmingham this week.
- City offices closed Friday: All city offices, including those at Birmingham City Hall, will be closed Friday due to the Easter holiday. Baldwin Public Library will be open Friday, but will be closed Sunday.
- Birmingham students on spring break all week: Does your student attend Birmingham Public Schools? Then you know he or she is on spring break this week. If you don't already have plans, check out the Birmingham Patch Event Calendar to find camps, sports clinics and other things to do around town.
- Michigan Opera Theater at library Tuesday: The Michigan Opera Theater will be at Baldwin Public Library Tuesday, performing a musical about Nanabush, Michigan's Native American hero. The performance starts at 2 p.m. and registeration ahead of time is encouraged.
- Prom Preview Wednesday: Do you or your daughter need some inspiration for prom? Luigi Bruni will be hosting a "Prom Preview" all day Wednesday. Come check out some of the latest hair and make-up styles, and if you decide to book Luigi Bruni, you'll receive $50 off your hair or make-up appointment.
- Making sense of the Civil War Tuesday: Baldwin Public Library will be hosting a free five-part reading and discussion series on the Civil War, and this Tuesday is part two of that discussion. Led by Roy Finkenbine, professor and chair of history at the University of Detroit-Mercy, participants will discuss several books. The discussion begins at 7 p.m.